The GSA-UW is looking for graduate students to represent their fellow peers as a departmental councillor on the GSA-UW Council. Having one student from each department on Council ensures that all departments are being fairly represented and heard by the GSA-UW. If you are a student in any of the below departments, you can nominate yourself for the position of councillor by filling out the GSA Council Representative Nomination Form.
Departments with vacant councillor positions:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- Recreation & Leisure Studies (HEALTH)
- Accounting & Finance (ARTS)
- Public Issues Anthropology (ARTS)
- Catholic Thought (ARTS)
- Classical Studies (ARTS)
- Master of Digital Experience Innovation (MDEI) (ARTS)
- Economics (ARTS)
- French Studies (ARTS)
- Political Science (ARTS)
- Religious Studies (ARTS)
- Master of Social Work (ARTS)
- Theological Studies (ARTS)
- Architecture (ENG)
- School of Environment, Resources, & Sustainability (SERS) (ENV)
- School of Planning (ENV)
- Combinatorics & Optimization (MATH)
- Computational Mathematics (MATH)
- Computer Science (MATH)
- Statistics & Actuarial Science (MATH)
- Biochemistry & Chemistry (SCI)
- Earth and Environmental Science (SCI)
Winter Term 2023 Elections Timeline
Nominate yourself for the position of councillor by submitting the Councillor Nomination Form between Thursday, January 26 to Monday, February 06.
Starting Tuesday, February 07, we welcome nominees to campaign on social media to ask for a vote from their peers.
Students will be emailed informing them of the Council elections in their department, along with instructions on how to vote online using Watvote. The voting will begin 8:30 AM on Monday, February 13, and will close at 4:30 PM on Friday, February 17.
All candidates will be informed of the election results on Friday, February 17 after the polls close. Students can look to the GSA website for the announcement of election results.
The Council Speaker will reach out to elected candidates to welcome them to the Council. New councillors are expected to be prepared to participate for March’s council meeting.