The structure of the GSA-UW is made up of GSA members, Councillors, Board of Directors, and GSA Officers.
- 5300+ graduate students in registered per term.
- Attend and vote at the Annual General Meeting, at General Meetings, and referenda.
- Oversees the academic, social, and political representation of Waterloo graduate students.
- One representative from each academic department (voting).
- Graduate students may attend open session council meetings.
Board of Directors
- Governing body of the corporation GSA-UW
- Oversees the operations of the corporation (GSA-UW)
- Accountable to membership
- One director ex-officio is appointed by the Board (President)
- Lead the organization and are responsible for management and operations of the affairs of the organization
- Achieving the Ends of the organization
- All authority and accountability of staff is the responsibility of the President