GSA-UW Councillor Nominations are now open!
The GSA-UW is looking for graduate students to represent their fellow peers as a departmental councillor on the GSA-UW Council. Having one student from each department on Council ensures that all departments are being fairly represented and heard by the GSA-UW. If you are a student in any of the below departments, you can nominate yourself for the position of councillor by filling out the GSA Council Representative Nomination Form.
Departments with vacant councillor positions:
Email email@example.com if you have any questions.
- Recreation & Leisure Studies (HEALTH)
- Accounting & Finance (ARTS)
- Catholic Thought (ARTS)
- Classical Studies (ARTS)
- Master of Digital Experience Innovation (MDEI) (ARTS)
- Economics (ARTS)
- French Studies (ARTS)
- Germanic & Slavic Studies (ARTS)
- History (ARTS)
- Master of Peace & Conflict Studies (ARTS)
- Philosophy (ARTS)
- Master of Public Service (ARTS)
- Religious Studies (ARTS)
- Theological Studies (ARTS)
- Global Governance (ARTS)
- Master of Business, Entrepreneurship, & Technology (MBET) (ENG)
- Chemical Engineering (ENG)
- Civil & Environmental Engineering (ENG)
- Electrical & Computer Engineering (ENG)
- Geography & Environmental Management (GEM) (ENV)
- School of Planning (ENV)
- Applied Mathematics (MATH)
- Combinatorics & Optimization (MATH)
- Computer Science (MATH)
- Statistics & Actuarial Science (MATH)
- Physics and Astronomy (SCI)
- Pharmacy (SCI)
- Optometry & Vision (SCI)
- Artificial Intelligence (CROSS DEPT.)
- Quantum Information (CROSS DEPT.)
Fall Term 2023 Elections Timeline
Nominate yourself for the position of councillor by submitting the Councillor Nomination Form between Monday, September 11 until 5:00 PM on Friday, September 29.
Starting September 30, we welcome nominees to campaign on social media to ask for a vote from their peers.
Students will be emailed informing them of the Council elections in their department, along with instructions on how to vote online using Watvote. The voting period will start at 8:30 AM on Thursday, October 5, and will close at 4:30 PM on Thursday, October 12.
All candidates will be informed of the election results on Friday, October 13. Students can look to the GSA website for the announcement of election results.
The Council Speaker will reach out to elected candidates to welcome them to the Council. New councillors are expected to be prepared to participate on Monday, October 23 in a councillor training session.