Hello fellow graduate student,
After careful consideration, the Graduate Student Association at University of Waterloo has decided to re-open the Graduate House in the Spring 2021 term. To that end, the optional $23.50 Graduate House fee is being collected.
Be advised that you can opt-out of the Graduate House fee.
Information on how to opt-out of voluntary fees can be found here.
- Given the recent extension of COVID-19 restrictions in Ontario, we are targeting a June 2021 opening.
- It is possible that the Graduate House will need to temporarily close during the Spring 2021 term due to rolling COVID-19 restrictions on the hospitality industry.
- In the event of temporary closure during the Spring 2021 term due to COVID-19, please note that we are unable to process refunds. This is due to limitations of campus financial systems.
- Collected fees will be used to support the fixed costs of the Graduate House (which are incurred whether the Graduate House is open or closed). In other words, collected fees will help support the long-term viability of the Graduate House.
- The Graduate House will operate in accordance with municipal, provincial, federal, and campus COVID-19 health and safety requirements to protect the health and safety of our Graduate House staff, patrons, and community
- Spring 2021 tuition and fees have recently been posted on Quest. Payment must be arranged by April 26, 2021.
We appreciate your patience and continued support as we prepare to reopen the doors (and patios) of the Graduate House. More information on our opening day will be communicated soon.
We also want to say thank you to all graduate students. Whether or not you pay the optional Graduate House fee, please know that the Graduate House is a space on campus for all members of our graduate student community.
The Graduate House is a unique aspect of our campus, our community, and the graduatestudent experience at the University of Waterloo. Accordingly, your ongoing support for its continued operations is appreciated.
Please feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any questions.