With COVID-19 disrupting many of our plans, your WUSA and GSA worked with the Region to secure the UPass program on an opt-in basis for spring term. This program had been suspended due to the pandemic, and in response, Grand River Transit (GRT) provided free service throughout April and May. As an exception, undergrad and grad students can now participate in the program by purchasing the UPass at Turnkey in the Student Life Centre (SLC).
- Standard grad rate: $98.60
- Students who forgo this option must begin paying fares at their standard rate, June 1
- To opt-in, students must show their WatCard and proof of registration in an academic or co-op program, with some exceptions, including medical leave or registration with Accessibility Services
- For those opting in now, UPass will remain valid according to the standard schedule
- Opt-ins take 1-2 days from date of purchase to register on WatCard and GRT systems
We want to remind students that local transit remains a safe and affordable way to get around, that is well aligned with Canadian health guidelines for COVID-19. Students can access Turnkey between the hours of 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday.
We hope you continue to keep safe during these changing times.
President & CEO, Graduate Student Association-University of Waterloo (GSA-UW)
VP Operations & Finance, Waterloo Undergraduate Student Association (WUSA)