The GSA-UW is now accepting nominations for the upcoming Board of Directors election to fill seven (7) vacant positions. Official notice is hereby served for the election to fill the vacancies of the GSA Board of Directors.
The directorships terms of office are:
- One (1) directorship beginning May 1, 2020 and ending April 30 2021, and
- Six (6) directorships beginning May 1 2020 and ending April 30, 2022.
Description of Position:
The GSA-UW Board of Directors is responsible for overseeing corporate interests of the Graduate Student Association. Directors are elected by graduate students each year at the GSA Annual General Meeting held in the Winter term. The Board is governed by the GSA Bylaws and may consist of ten to fifteen Directors.
The Board of Directors have monthly regular meetings (2 hours), and operates according to the Carver Policy Governance framework, meaning that the Board focuses on strategy and oversight, and delegates day-to-day management to staff.
Nomination Period & Form:
- The call for nominations is open from FEBRUARY 24, 2020 and closes on MARCH 13, 2020 at 3:00 PM EST.
- Nomination forms can be downloaded here.
- Paper copies of the nomination form are available at the GSA Office in the MC 2029.
- Nomination forms must be submitted to the GSA Office before the posted deadline.
- Nominees will receive a confirmation of receipt from the GSA Chief Returning Officer (CRO) within three business days of submission.
- If required, a second call for nominations will open March 16, 2020 and close on March 20, 2020 at 3:00 PM EST.
- Begins on March 16, 2020 (business hours) and closes on March 30, 2020 (business hours).
- Candidates may provide a photo and a brief statement to be posted on the GSA website. (Maximum 150 words)
Eligible graduate students may vote once using one of the following options:
- Online voting: Starts on March 31, 2020 at 10:00 AM EST and closes on April 7, 2020 at 12:00 PM EST or,
- In-person by paper ballot: At the AGM on April 7, 2020 at 4:00 PM (location TBD)
The Board of Directors is responsible for the operations of the GSA and is accountable to the graduate students of the University of Waterloo. For information please view Board of Directors, the Association’s governance webpage, and By-Laws (By-Law#5).
The GSA Office is located at MC2029.
Comments, concerns, and questions should be directed to the Chief Returning Officer at email@example.com.