The GSA hosts online elections for:
- GSA Councillors for departments without an association
- GSA Councillors for departmental associations
- Executives for a newly forming departmental associations
If you would like to request that the GSA run one or more elections for your departmental association, Submit a request to the GSA through the Departmental Association Elections form.
The following information is required. Please provide at least three weeks for the set-up of the ballot.
- A description of exactly who is eligible to vote (which departments/programs? both full and part time? check your constitution and bylaws)
- The start and end dates and times for voting.
- The title of each position, start and end dates of the term of office, and the list of candidates.
- For each candidate – their name, a picture, a personal statement, and optionally a link to their web page or election web page. You may instead provide a link to your association website with the same candidate information.
- Any other information that should be displayed (e.g. link to your departmental GSA’s website).
The GSA will announce the ballot link to all eligible voters.