BIPOC Graduate Student Collective
Launched in Winter 2021, the BIPOC Graduate Student Collective is a new virtual space that aims to:
- Center the academic and social experience and needs of Black, Indigenous, People of Colour Graduate Students
- To be a safe space for BIPOC LGBTQ2+ students
- Foster intergenerational support and mentorship between faculty and students
- Peer-to-peer support between graduate students and undergraduate student-led equity seeking groups
- Professional and academic development
- and more!
We are on Discord! Join us!
Check out our Discord channel for important updates and resources.
May 11 @ 7:00pm-8:30pm
While the conviction of Derek Chauvin last week for the murder of George Floyd was a welcome development, across Canada and the US, Anti-Asian and Anti-Black violence is on the rise. Moreover, Indigenous Peoples continue to experience the systematic violence of colonization. There is much to be done.
While so many of us work tirelessly to better our campuses and communities, we would all do well to remember that we are not in this struggle alone. Join us in solidarity on Tuesday, May 11, from 7:00pm-8:30pm, for an informal community conversation. Come as you are. This event will take place on our Discord channel.