BIPOC Graduate Student Collective
Launched in Winter 2021, the BIPOC Graduate Student Collective is a new virtual space that aims to:
- Center the academic and social experience and needs of Black, Indigenous, People of Colour Graduate Students
- To be a safe space for BIPOC LGBTQ2+ students
- Foster intergenerational support and mentorship between faculty and students
- Peer-to-peer support between graduate students and undergraduate student-led equity seeking groups
- Professional and academic development
- and more!
We are on Discord! Join us!
Check out our Discord channel for important updates and resources.
While so many of us work tirelessly to better our campuses and communities, we would all do well to remember that we are not in this struggle alone.
Join us in solidarity from 7:00pm-8:30pm, for an informal community conversation. This event will take place in our Lounge space on our Discord channel.
Our Solidarity Chats are a casual informal social space that centres the experience of BIPOC graduate students at UWaterloo.
All BIPOC faculty, students, and friends are invited to attend. This is chance to meet other BIPOC members of our community and also share ideas in an informal setting.
Come as you are. Bring your chai!
July 6, 2021
July 13, 2021
August 11, 2021
Drop-in & Chat Hours
We’re here with you. Join us during our drop-in hours if you’re looking for some support, or just want to take a break and chat. Discord channel.
July 9, 2021
July 23, 2021
August 6, 2021
August 16, 2021