Instructions for members
If you wish to cast your vote, follow the link sent to you via email on August 10, 2020 with the subject line “GSA-UW AGM Notice and Proxy/Vote form”. Please double check your email spam. This link will instruct the Corporate Secretary to cast a vote on your behalf at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) exactly as you specified. The Secretary will not have any discretion in such votes. Note, once you submit your vote, you cannot change it. See the AGM website on how to vote “live” during the AGM.
If you do not want to cast your vote early or live during the AGM, you may designate someone else to act as your “proxy” who will vote on your behalf live during the AGM.
If you wish to appoint a person as your proxy please do the following:
- Contact your proxyand make sure they agree to act on your behalf,
- Submit the proxy form, indicating who you authorize to serve as your proxy. You must complete this step by 2 hours prior to the time of the AGM.
- Communicate in advance clearly to your proxy your voting instructions/preferences, and
- Forward in advance to your proxy the unique link that you were sent in the email “GSA-UW AGM Notice and Proxy/Vote form” on August 10, 2020 to enable them to cast a vote on your behalf.
Please note, you must follow steps 1 through 4 in order for your proxy vote to count during the AGM. If you skip step 2 for instance and do not tell us who is your authorized proxy, we cannot validate your vote. Also note, your unique link can only be used once, so if you have already submitted that poll, you cannot designate someone else to make or change your vote.
Instructions for proxies
To cast a vote on behalf of a member who has assigned you as a proxy
- Make sure the member followed the “Instructions for the members” above.
- Follow the unique link the member forwarded to access the voting form. Each of these links is connected to that member and can only be used once.
- On the first page “Membership Information and Declaration” enter your name and your student id number. The GSA-UW will validate the member’s email address associated with the link, your name/id against the membership list and submitted proxy forms.
- Proceed to the next page to cast the vote.